Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Weigh In #1

Stefanie:
Original Weight: 136
Current Weight: 134.5
Pounds Lost: 1.5
Percentage: 1.1%
Target Weight: 125

So I am the one on the biggest loser that when I'm weighed in front of everyone, people gasp and I look stunned because my number is so low. Only....I'm not stunned, this is what I basically expected. Slow and steady wins the race right!! What I have been doing the past two days (I got a slow start) was keeping track of how many calories I eat. I'm trying to stay between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I also am surprised how much you can still eat. I am also trying to eat 5 times during the day, which mostly is comprised of small calorie foods like yogurts or a granola bar. It's not bad, except I like to bake and cook, so I find I am missing that a little. Like Tish, I find there are enough calories by the end of the day to have a treat.

Kevin:
Original Weight: 188.5
Current Weight: 182.5
Pounds Lost: 6
Percentage of total body weight: 3.2%
Target Weight: 175

So I can contribute my success to two things. Most importantly, because Stef has been planning healthier meals for her, I have also reaped the rewards from it. Not only have I been eating healthier, I have noticed that I am eating smaller, more reasonable portions at meal time. I think cutting out things like sour cream and large amounts of salad dressing and cheese has definitely helped.

The other contributing factor has been riding my bike to and from school everyday for the past week. I think it is about a 6 mi. ride one way. It takes me about 25 min. to ride it, so it is a good work out. Also, I have been working out with Stef a few times this past week. Last night we went for about an 8 mile bike ride.

At school, my locker is right next to the "snack locker" in the resident's room. They keep it well stocked with all sorts of snacks. It has been pretty tough not to indulge myself. I have to admit that I have helped my self to some snacks, but very small amounts. I have also been drinking lots of water at school. I keep a large cup of water with me during lectures and refill during breaks, after I use the restroom of course.

I have almost gotten half way to my target weight already. I think the big challenge is sticking with it to get all the way there, and then to maintain it. Good luck to everyone!!!

No comments: